Solid Wood DoorsReplacing exterior and interior doors is a simple and effective way to add beauty to a home. While replacing doors during a remodeling project contributes to improved aesthetics, some doors are better than others when it comes to quality and function. Rustica’s quality craftsmanship produces both interior and exterior solid wood doors that will last a lifetime from owner to owner. Some of the most popular solid wood doors that we offer include:
Beautiful Solid Wood Doors for Your Home
- Double X Barn Doors
- Stable Barn Door
- Plantation Barn Door
- Lewiston Barn Door
- Ranch Barn Door
- Herringbone Barn Door
- Rustica Reclaimed Barn Door
- Modern Slab Barn Door
What Are Solid Core Wood Doors?“Solid core wood” simply means that the door is made entirely of wood, from core to face. Like other doors, the standard dimensions of a solid core door are 80 inches tall by 36 inches wide by 1 5/16 inches thick. However, as with other Rustica products, these doors can be customized to fit required or preferred dimensions in terms of height and width.
Our wooden doors can be purchased as single or double panels and can be customized with a variety of beautiful hardware and track systems. As you’ll read below, you can purchase a custom wood door, not only altering size, but also its hardware system, texture, color, and finish. The end result? A one-of-a-kind door that you absolutely love and want to keep for a lifetime!
As with other doors, Rustica offers to deliver their solid core doors as prehung interior doors or exterior doors, allowing for a simple and quick installation process for the owner. Alternatively, these doors can be purchased as a slab door with or without the hardware. A quick review of our website will show that your options are virtually endless. We offer a variety of choices for those in the market for new solid wood interior doors or solid wood exterior doors.
Benefits of Solid Wood DoorsA solid wood door holds several aesthetical benefits that other doors, like hollow metal doors, glass doors, or fiberglass doors, cannot possibly bring to a home.
Natural MaterialsNothing makes a greater statement than the bold presence of a wooden door crafted exclusively from real wood. A wooden door’s natural elements can add warmth and a welcoming, cozy spirit to an entryway. It can also add a certain elegance to rooms, such as an office or a dining area. When compared to its close counterpart—the hollow wooden door—a solid wood interior offers a sturdier component and a more striking appearance.
Added Home ValueA beautiful front entry door crafted of solid wood adds remarkable curb appeal with an unforgettable first impression. Potential homebuyers will take notice as its gorgeous structure sets the scene for the remaining house tour.
Interior solid wood doors will only continue to stun throughout a floor plan. As solid core doors add additional functional value to a home (something we discuss below), homeowners will find that their doors’ aesthetic appeal can also contribute fiscal value to a home.
Fully-CustomizableWooden doors can easily be altered to fit a homeowner’s style preferences and needs. It can be anything from a matching wall or jamb color or something more technical like door opening or track/hinge system requirements.
Unlike steel doors or doors made of artificial materials like fiberglass, which are extremely difficult (or impossible) to alter, hardwood doors can be stained and painted, allowing this process to be repeated over time with a little sanding and re-staining or repainting the door. This allows homeowners to easily change door styles to match home renovation style without the need to invest in an entirely new door.
While most homeowners focus on the cosmetic look and feel of a door without giving much thought to the depth of its functionality, it’s what’s on the inside that really makes a difference.
Long-LastingSolid wood doors can last decades longer than other doors and maintain their appearance and shape without denting, rusting, or warping like steel and fiberglass tend to do. They’re also easily repaired, whether that be removing scratches, repairing chipped paint or replacing a panel/beam if damage were to occur.
Health and Environmentally ConsciousSince wood doors are made from completely natural materials, homeowners can avoid exposing their home and their family to the chemicals that come with manufactured materials. The manufacturing of wood doors does not emit harmful chemicals like that of fiberglass or laminate. Additionally, a solid wood door is made purely from a sustainable material: wood. Homeowners can even choose to purchase doors that are crafted with wood logged from a certified forest.
Added SecurityThere’s no doubt about it: the structure of a solid wood door is, well, solid. Its strength is incomparable in terms of the average front entry door, and its durability is long-lasting, even against natural elements or attempted forced entry. For these reasons, solid wood entry doors are a natural choice for those concerned with security.
InsulationWood itself is a great insulator. Throughout summer and winter, wood doors are excellent at keeping out wind, cold, and heat. This allows the interior of a home to maintain its desired temperature with less energy.
Homeowners who install solid wood doors in front entries may find their energy bills decrease. Other doors, like solid or hollow metal steel doors, also provide this level of insulation, however, metal doors absorb the cold and heat making the door face uncomfortable to the touch at times.
A wooden door also acts as an excellent sound barrier, making wood interior doors a wonderful addition to office spaces or other areas of the home that may require sound muffling. For this reason, many homeowners replace a hollow core office or bedroom door with solid interior wood doors.
Beautiful Solid Wood Doors for Your HomeNow that we’ve covered the basic benefits of replacing exterior doors and interior doors with solid core wood doors, let’s take a look at some of the beautiful options that Rustica currently offers.
Remember, your home’s floor plan is like a canvas and a new door can serve as a gorgeous focal point of your painting. These eye-catching details can be used wherever you want to draw attention, be it bedroom doors, patio doors, or as a barn door room divider within a living space. Even installing solid wood closet doors is an impactful way to add that “wow!” factor to a home’s design.
1. Double X Barn DoorsThe Double X Barn Door evokes the history of Dutch settlers and the unmistakable characteristics of their carpentry. Traditionally, Dutch carpenters utilized framed vertical wood slats finished with diagonal overlays, often resulting in an “X” pattern. This style of door will complement any country or modern country design.
2. Stable Barn DoorThe Stable Barn Door also brings a time-old design tradition into the modern home. This door resembles those most frequently used in actual stables, featuring a stabilizing central rail placed horizontally across framed vertical slats. Complete with vertical beams that create a “Z” pattern on both top and bottom halves, this door looks amazing either as a single door or as a double door—a coupling that produces a larger “X” pattern from side by side “Z” beams.
3. Plantation Barn DoorThe Plantation Barn Door resembles the types of shutters popularized on southern plantations in the United States. Casting a delightful southern charm on both an interior and exterior space, this door is perfect for both traditional and contemporary design.
This door makes a bold, beautiful, and one-of-a-kind statement, as each plantation door is composed of hardwood trimmings that feature varied wood grain and color. Plantation shutters are also available if homeowners are looking for ways to carry out the design throughout the home.
4. Lewiston Barn DoorThe Lewiston Barn Door is crafted with simplicity in mind, because not every homeowner wishes to draw attention to a door, especially when they want to create a different focal point in their interior space. Crafted from simple wood slats (which can be purchased with horizontal or vertical patterns) and framed by wider wooden beams and a rail frame, this door is humble and modest.
Each slat is crafted exclusively from knotty alder, a material with straight wood grain that fights against time and weather, thus preventing serious warping and twisting.
5. Ranch Barn DoorThe Ranch Style Barn Door can be described in two words: rustic and relaxed. This no-fuss door is ideal for a rustic design, but can also complement a more modern or contemporary design space. Our carpenters craft this beauty from sturdy, solid vertical beams and then add three horizontal slats (spaced evenly from top to bottom) for more durability and security.
This is definitely a door that could make a bold statement as a front entryway door, as well as an interior door! As beautiful as it is with a simple finish, many homeowners choose to add additional detail and character by opting for a distressed stain or a brightly colored paint or finish.
6. Herringbone Barn DoorOur carpenters have taken a modern spin on the traditional with this gorgeous Herringbone Barn Door. Its unique pattern is crafted using a CNC machine. One of the most popular contemporary doors, the Herringbone Barn door is versatile and will look equally stunning painted in a bright shade of turquoise or stained a deep walnut color. Imagine this door in an eclectically decorated living area or as a standout splash of color within a room of simple design.
7. Rustica Reclaimed Barn DoorThe Rustica Reclaimed Barn Door gives a shout out to one of today’s trending design features: reclaimed wood. Although many companies feature faux reclaimed wood, the slats used on this door are actually gathered over time from a variety of Rustica projects to be repurposed. Like the plantation door, each plank is unique and speaks to the very intention of crafting from reclaimed wood.
Planks can either be purchased in a horizontal or a vertical design, each creating an eclectic presentation of varied colors and patterns. This door looks wonderful in any rustic space.
8. Modern Slab Barn DoorThe Modern Slab Barn Door features another unique display of juxtaposed light and dark vertical or horizontal sleek lines—the perfect accompaniment to a truly modern exterior and interior design! Each piece is created from repurposed, high-quality remnant wood, creating an unmatched design throughout a sustainable crafting process.
When purchasing horizontal slats, homeowners will receive a door with a face made of honey maple and mahogany and a frame crafted from maple. The vertical slats are assembled from black walnut and honey maple beams framed in honey maple.
Bringing Solid Wood Doors to Your HomeIf you’re a homeowner or a renovator, consider replacing old or outdated doors with new solid wood doors. Their beauty and functionality will add remarkable value to a property’s appraisal, and their varied design will find its rightful place within every home.
Whether you’re going for a rustic look or a modern and contemporary one, Rustica’s collection of handmade solid wood doors should be the first stop on the journey of finding the perfect wooden door for your home.