Terms & Conditions
Our Guide for Your Custom Order
Rustica is a premier custom door builder and custom barn door hardware manufacturer. Our products are CUSTOM made from raw materials specifically for your order. We dedicate specific materials and labor to your order. You pay for that commitment when you order. Because of our unique business model, we have outlined our specific cancellation and return policies below. We've also shared other important details about the order and shipping process. We want to ensure that your experience and product is everything you are expecting. Online Orders
It is the consumer’s responsibility to understand what they are ordering when using the online system. Rustica has provided many online photo resources and descriptions to help you during your order. Please read these descriptions carefully. If you are unsure about what your order will look like or what is included, please call Rustica at 1-800-891-8312 for help placing your order. Production & Shipping Lead Times
For information regarding our current shipping and lead times, see our Shipping & Lead Times
page here: https://rustica.com/shipping-and-lead-times/ Instructions
Instructions for your product can be found on our website here: https://rustica.com/instructions/ Important Shipping and Production Information
Approval of Hinge Doors
- Orders for only hardware, and/or unassembled doors ship via a small pack... carrier like FedEx or UPS in maximum lengths in 8 feet. Tracks and headers over 8ft will be sent in equal pieces less than 8ft long.
- Assembled doors ship via an LTL freight carrier like Estes Express or Old Dominion Freight Lines.
- Please do NOT destroy or dispose of the crate your door is shipped in until you are completely satisfied with your product. Rustica is not responsible to provide another shipping crate should you dispose or destroy the one we shipped your product in if the door needs to be returned.
- Freighted items include a free liftgate service and curbside delivery.
- Curbside delivery does NOT include transporting the crate onto your premise, up driveway or to your door.
- Oversized items may require pick up at the freight carrier hub.
- It is the consumer’s responsibility to arrange for delivery beyond the curb or to pick up at the local HUB.
- If you have a difficult to navigate street you may have to meet the truck and receive the shipment at the closest point to your curbside as possible.
- In some cases an additional charge can be negotiated with the freight company to deliver the crate closer to the desired location, but Rustica is not responsible for this cost.
- If there is a manufacturing responsibility error with your order we can only arrange pickup from where the product was dropped off.
- Please do not schedule the installation for your product until it has arrived. Rustica is not responsible for any contractors installation or rescheduling fees.
- You can find estimated production times here: https://rustica.com/shipping-and-lead-times/
- Hinge doors that require measurement confirmation will begin the production time AFTER the measurement confirmation (usually in the form of a DocuSign) is returned to us.
- Remember that since almost everything we make is from raw materials and we set a high-quality standard these production times are estimated and are not a guarantee.
- There is no cash refund for late orders.
- To avoid unnecessary costs and rescheduling fees we strongly recommend that you do not schedule contractors until all your products have been delivered. Rustica is not responsible for any contractor or installation costs beyond what is agreed upon at the time of purchase.
- International Shipping
- We love to serve all of our customers across the globe. Unfortunately, due to the variance of customs policies around the world we do not assume any responsibility of freight, duties or taxes outside of the US. However, we do offer everyone our standard free shipping for barn doors, hardware and mantels in the continental US. We strongly recommend that the buyer contact a freight forwarding company in the continental US to receive the product from us on your behalf. You can contact almost any international freight company for recommendations for your country. Please note that upon delivery to the freight forwarder ownership of the product transfers to the buyer. From that point on all freight, duties, taxes (import and export) and brokerage fees will be the buyer’s responsibility. We cannot be responsible for any international freight costs (or returns) so we recommend the product be inspected carefully by the freight forwarder upon receipt.
- Shipping Address
- Please provide a physical address to ship your order to be delivered to.
- If you need to change this address once the order has been placed, please contact us prior to your order shipping and we will gladly update your shipping address.
- If you contact us once your order has left our facility to request a different shipping address, we will do what we can to ensure this change is made but cannot guarantee delivery to that address.
- There is a Reroute Fee for this and it will increase the shipping time so please try and make sure that we have the correct shipping address prior to your order leaving our facility.
Approval of Customer Designed Custom Projects
- Rustica makes every effort to assure you receive your hinge door as expected.
- All hinge doors will require your signature approval confirming the size, handing and swing.
- A DocuSign will serve as confirmation and approval for the details of the door.
- Please make sure every detail is correct.
- Once signed, Rustica cannot be responsible for anything that is ordered incorrectly.
- “Customer Designed Custom Projects" are defined as any door or hardware system that is not configurable through the website's existing options and/or designed by the customer.
- Rustica makes every effort to assure you receive your customer designed custom project as expected.
- All customer designed custom projects will require your signature approval.
- After your drawings have been approved and the product is delivered no returns or refunds will be accepted.
Damaged Orders and Missing Items
- All interior doors and hardware are intended for interior use only and are not warrantied against exterior use. If you’re purchasing a door intended for exterior use please make sure that you order a door that’s defined in the ordering process as “exterior”.
- Interior products come with a limited lifetime warranty that covers the functionality of our products.
- This warranty does not cover finishes, cosmetic discoloration, damage, improper installation or normal wear. We will replace any part that fails to function properly with the return of the failed product. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customers.
- Exterior doors come with a 1 year limited functional warranty. This warranty does not cover finishes, cosmetic discoloration, damage, improper installation or normal wear.
- All doors that are finished and assembled by Rustica come with a 30-day warranty against warping, separating or splitting.
- Warping is defined as doors that are out of alignment of more than 1/4″ over an 8’ length.
- Unfinished doors, unassembled doors & headers do not have a warranty against warping, separating or splitting.
- Recommendations for unfinished doors:
- Please finish/seal your unfinished doors immediately. Changes in climate, temperature and humidity can cause doors that are not finished to warp, separate or split.
- It is strongly advised that customers finish/seal all 6 sides of an unfinished door within 5 days of receiving the door to reduce the likelihood of an issue.
- Incorrect finishing of a door can also cause warping, separating or splitting, which is why we highly encourage our customers to allow us to finish and ship their door finished.
Order Changes, Cancellations, Returns & Refunds
- It is necessary to open and inspect shipments upon arrival.
- Any damage from shipping, including concealed damage, must be reported to Rustica with pictures via a call to 1-800-891-8312 or email to [email protected] within 2 business days of receiving your product in order for a shipping claim to be processed.
- Please notify us of missing items within the first 2 business days of receiving your product. When a product sits for a long time before being installed it is difficult to know if a particular item was not shipped or went missing afterwards. We want to be helpful to get you all the parts you need, but can not be responsible for items gone missing after delivery.
- Order changes and cancellations must be done over the phone by the person who placed the order. Please call us at 1-800-891-8312.
- All changes made to an order after the next full business day will incur a 50% change fee.
- Please understand that these custom-made products begin work the day following order placement. Any change made costs additional raw material and labor.
- Refund cancellations are only accepted on the next business day after your order is placed.
- After a full business day, cancelled orders will be 50% credited against future Rustica orders. Those funds, less sales tax, go to your Rustica Cash account and can be used for Rustica products.
- Please do NOT destroy or dispose of the crate your door is shipped in until you are completely satisfied with your product.
- Rustica is not responsible to provide another shipping crate should you dispose or destroy the one we shipped your product regardless of the reason the door needs to be returned.
- Should you choose we can send you a crate for $500.
- Return shipping and/or Freight costs are the responsibility of the customer.
- Returns are 100% credited (minus sales tax) to your Rustica Cash account for future use on Rustica products.
- Customer designed custom projects are not eligible for returns or cancellations.
- Any check returned due to non-sufficient funds will be subject to a minimum charge of $30.00.
- Returns are not accepted and no refunds or credit will be applied to your Rustica Cash account for Special Custom Projects and Special-Order items (items not available on the website).
Rustica takes the privacy of its customers’ data very seriously. Please read the following policy to understand how we will treat your personal data after it has been collected by us through your use of this website. We can collect data on you from a variety of different sources which includes:
- When you purchase products or services from this site or via any of our other distribution channels.
- When you become a subscriber.
- When you enter data into a form on the website.
- When you speak to our Customer Service personnel.
- When you activate your product via our License Activation Server.
- Via explicit data capture measures, for example by entering competitions, completing surveys, registering products, registering to use the support forum.
In any of the above cases the data we collect could be personal data. When you buy anything via the site or give us any personal data as indicated above, we may need to collect information about you to process the transaction, fulfill your order, and provide you with the services you expect then and in the future. This information may include, but is not limited to, details such as your name, your address, and your phone number. Unless we have your express consent, we will only disclose personal data to third parties if this is required for the purpose of completing your transaction with us. This is of course subject to the proviso that we may disclose your data to certain permitted third parties, such as members of our own group, our own professional advisers who are bound by confidentiality codes, and when we are legally obliged to disclose your data. By becoming a subscriber, you consent to receive from us by email our eNewsletters and details of other special offers or services which we may think may be of interest to you. Rustica retains and uses your personal information to provide you with the remote commerce (including electronic and mobile commerce) experience by providing you with a personalized service and to give you details of offers which we think will be of interest to you, it is also to keep you informed of changes to products, services, licenses agreements, terms, conditions, and security updates. We may also use the information to process any transactions you undertake with us and for internal administration and analysis. We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties. Public Information; Forum, Guestbook, Directories
By their very nature the Forum, Guestbook, Listing Directories, etc. are open to the public; any information given will be viewable to the general public. Rustica does make every effort to keep details such as email addresses private, but if you do select to have your email address shown it may be viewable by the general public. Children’s Privacy
Rustica is committed to keeping the details of children private by following the guidelines set out in the US, C.O.P.P.A Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Rustica does not collect private information from children under the age of 13 without written permission from the child’s parents or guardians. Cookies
Rustica may use small bits of data stored on your computer called ‘cookies’. Consent
Your access to and use of this website (“the Website”) is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website. Advice
The contents of the Website do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making any decision. Changes to Website, Software, and Services
Rustica reserves the right to; change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that Rustica shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal. Rustica reserves the right to change, remove, or discontinue any product, service, or promotion (including but not limited to any previsions, parts thereof, licensing, pricing) as advertised on this website at any time without notice and you confirm that Rustica shall not be liable for any such change or removal. Rustica reserves the right to change or discontinue any promotional discount vouchers or coupon codes at any time with notice and you confirm that Rustica shall not be liable for any such change or removal. Changes in this agreement can be made at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. Links to Third Party Websites
The Website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites. Copyright
The Intellectual Property Rights in this website and the materials on or accessible via it belong to ‘Rustica’ or its licensors. This website and the materials on or accessible via it and the Intellectual Property Rights therein may not be copied, distributed, published, licensed, used or reproduced in any way (save to the extent strictly necessary for, and for the purposes of, accessing and using this website). ’Rustica’ and the Rustica Logo are trademarks which belong to ‘Rustica’ and they may not be used, copied or reproduced in any way without written consent from ‘Rustica.’ For these purposes “Intellectual Property Rights” includes the following (wherever and whenever arising and for the full term of each of them): any patent, trademark, trade name, service mark, service name, design, design right, copyright, database right, moral rights, know-how, trade secret and other confidential information, rights in the nature of any of these items in any country, rights in the nature of unfair competition rights and rights to sue for passing off or other similar intellectual or commercial right (in each case whether or not registered or registrable) and registrations of and applications to register any of them. Limitation of Liability
The Website is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, Rustica will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website. Rustica makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of Rustica for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of Rustica, its products or that of its employees or agents. Indemnity
You agree to indemnify and hold Rustica and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against Rustica arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website. Severability
In the event that any provision of this Agreement is declared by any judicial or other competent authority to be void, voidable, illegal or otherwise unenforceable or indications of the same are received by either you or us from any relevant competent authority, we shall amend that provision in such reasonable manner as achieves the intention of the parties without illegality or, at our discretion, such provision may be severed from this Agreement and the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. Applicable Law and Dispute
This Agreement and all matters arising from it are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Utah whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes arising in connection with this Agreement and the place of performance of this Agreement is agreed by you to be Utah. Headings
Headings are included in this Agreement for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of this Agreement. Entire Agreement
These terms and conditions together with any documents expressly referred to in them, contain the entire Agreement between us relating to the subject matter covered and supersede any previous Agreements, arrangements, undertakings or proposals, written or oral: between us in relation to such matters. No oral explanation or oral information given by any party shall alter the interpretation of these terms and conditions. In agreeing to these terms and conditions, you have not relied on any representation other than those expressly stated in these terms and conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not been made expressly in this Agreement. Rustica reserves the right to add, delete, or modify any provision of this Agreement at any time without notice.www.RUSTICA.com