Top 9 Uses for an Office Barn Door
- Office Entrance Door
- Room Divider
- Closet Door
- Conference Room Door
- Wall Space Covers
- Storage Area Door
- Break Area Door
- Office Restroom Door
- Home Office Separator
Barn door ideas for the office range from rustic reclaimed wood doors to divide the space, to an eye-catching modern barn door for an office entrance. At Rustica.com, we have multiple options for office barn doors and barn door kits to get the right feel for your office space.
Top 9 Uses for an Office Barn DoorIf you're looking to add office barn doors to your home or at-work office, consider the many ways that you can use them. In addition to an entrance door, a sliding barn door can be the perfect way to divide an office space, close off a storage area, or even hide a cluttered conference wall. The following are some of the most popular ways to use sliding barn doors for the office.
1. Office Entrance DoorThe most common spot for home office barn doors is to close off the room's entrance. However, front barn doors for an office are becoming increasingly popular in traditional office spaces too. Offices set within office buildings often choose a glass barn door that allows light to come through and creates an inviting environment for those entering the space. However, a traditional reclaimed wood door can also do the trick.
Your entrance door can be a traditional door that swings out or a sliding door that moves along a flat track hardware kit. The latter is a great option for spaces that don't allow much room, like offices in a narrow hallway.
2. Room DividerAnother popular use for an interior barn door in the office is as a room divider. Sliding barn doors can help separate large office spaces to allow for privacy between cubicles or make individual meeting rooms. When the smaller spaces aren't used, you can slide open the barn doors to create a welcoming, open-concept office space.
Do you use a bedroom or corner of your home as a workspace? Barn doors for a home office can close off an area of the bedroom or home to get privacy while you work. A custom door can also reduce noise, allowing you to take the phone and video calls in your space while family and pets remain in the home.
3. Closet DoorIf your home office space includes a closet, consider adding a sliding door with a modern farmhouse style to its entrance. An interior barn wood door instantly upscales a traditional closet door design. Plus, a sliding single or double door closes off the space quickly and easily, keeping any clutter out of sight to promote productivity.
Want a mirrored door for a bedroom office? Office barn doors can deliver that, too. You can choose a glass panel barn door and swap the glass for a mirrored panel, or go even go for our Decorative Wooden Mirror Barn Door. This way, you can close off the closet, but still have a glossy mirror on the door that serves its purpose for the bedroom.
4. Conference Room DoorOffice barn doors are excellent for use in a conference room. A barn-style door is durable and thick, blocking sound to keep meeting discussions private. Choose between a glass door or a more traditional custom barn door made from wood based on the meeting space's privacy needs.
Depending on how large your office space is, it may not have room to accommodate a separate conference area to host meetings. In that case, you can install office barn doors as dividers to break up a larger space in the office. Then, close them to create a makeshift conference room for meetings.
5. Wall Space CoversConference rooms in offices tend to require wall space for dry erase boards, projection screens, and essential notes. While this space is crucial for meetings, it may not look presentable when meetings aren't in session. One way to curb the clutter on the wall is to hide it with beautiful office barn doors.
Install sliding door hardware along the wall, ensuring that it's long enough to open the doors fully without blocking the space you need for a board or screen. Then, add the doors. They'll slide right in front of the space to hide meeting elements in a stylish way.
6. Storage Area DoorHide the clutter of a storage area in the office with a gorgeous single or double door in traditional farmhouse or modern styling. Whether you choose a solid wood door or office barn doors with privacy glass panels, a barn door can block off the storage room by adding a stylish touch.
Consider the classic 2 Panel Barn Door or add a little flair with the Aztec Barn Door. Both come with multiple finishing options, and you can customize the height and width to fit your door opening.
7. Break Area DoorSeparate the break area from the rest of the office in style with sliding office barn doors. With the right door and barn door hardware kit, your office's break area can get a facelift, making it more inviting for all patrons.
With door options like French doors, Midcentury doors, and traditional rustic farmhouse doors, you can easily choose a break area door that matches your office's aesthetic. Various barn door kit styles allow you to hone in on your office style even more with options like modern tracks, frameless hardware, and box track hardware.
8. Office Restroom DoorAdd some class to the office with a barn door to close off the restroom. In contrast to a typical swinging door, a sliding barn door doesn't take up any space when it opens. The doors sold by Rustica.com also have the option of adding both a front and back handle, making it easy to open and close them and keep the door sanitary.
If your office and restroom need a little extra light, opt for a barn door with glass panels. Our glass doors are available with various glass options, like Citrus, Fluted, and Deep Freeze, to allow privacy without giving up natural light.
9. Home Office SeparatorA home office can be convenient for those spending at least some of their working hours at home. But if you don't have a completely separate room for an office, your work can sometimes blend with home life, and distractions get in the way.
Fortunately, office barn doors can become perfect separators to block off an office space from the rest of your living space. Whether your office resides in a bedroom, den, or dining room, you can use office barn doors to define the space and gain some privacy when you work.
With several barn doors and barn door hardware kits to choose from, your door can easily match your decor in the space. Rustica.com carries something for every style preference, including modern doors and rustic barn door hardware.
6 Beautiful Office Barn DoorsVisit Rustica.com to find gorgeous office barn doors to fit every space and function in the office. Whether you work from home or in an office building, our selection includes various door styles that work well for office entrances, room dividers, restroom entrances, conference rooms, and more. Here are a few of our top suggestions for office barn doors:
2 Panel Barn Door: A more traditional barn door style, you can dress the 2 Panel Barn Door up or down with a sleek Primer White finish or more rustic finish, like Painted Barn Wood or Barn Gray.
Farmhouse French Full Glass Barn Door: This door works well for an office entrance with its glass panels set within a solid wood frame. Choose from different wood textures to get the right finished look.
Mountain French Full Glass Barn Door: This barn door will transform your room's entrance while giving an open-concept conference room feel. The glass panels are set in a metal frame, offering an upscale, contemporary vibe to the space.
Stable Barn Door: Go full-out rustic charm with the Stable Barn Door. This solid wood door can be an excellent addition to a restroom or set on a double sliding door track to cover conference room wall space when not in use.
Mountain Modern Barn Door: The Mountain Modern Barn Door blends simplicity with a traditional farmhouse style with its sleek horizontal wood panels. Available in numerous finishes, like Barn Red, Charcoal Gray, and Dark Walnut Stain, you can tailor it precisely to your office look.
Modern Cottage French Barn Door: With four glass panels, the Modern Cottage French Barn Door works as an office entrance or conference room door. Choose between clear glass or various privacy glass options to fit the needs of your space.
Don't forget to choose from one of our many barn door hardware kits to accompany your brand-new barn door for the office. Our kits are available in several styles and finishes to go along with your office design.
Versatile Uses for Office Barn DoorsAs you can see from this guide, there are many ways to use office barn doors in a home office or office building. Contrary to popular belief, barn doors don't need to look rustic at all. If your space requires a more contemporary or modern look, try French doors or a modern farmhouse barn door instead. There are virtually endless ways to play around with barn doors to enjoy their function while giving you the finished look you want.
At Rustica.com, we offer multiple finishes and textures for you to customize your office barn doors. Plus, get the precise heights and widths you need to fit the door to your space. Multiple barn door hardware kit options further allow you to tailor your door to match your design. Head to the website today to browse our barn doors and track kits.