How to Clean and Care for Your Metal Door
- Clean with a Soapy Mixture
- Remove Rust
- Clean Glass
- Oil Hinges
1. Dust - Many homeowners forget about their doors when it comes to their weekly dusting routine. Metal doors need to be dusted weekly just like any other piece of furniture because dust can actually contain water-soluble salts that can lead to corrosion and rusting.
2. Clean with a Mild Soap - You should clean your doors with soap and water at least once a month. This will ensure you catch any corrosion or rusting early on. Mix water with any mild soap like liquid castile soap or vegetable-based soap.
3. Remove Rust - Inspecting your door for rust is a crucial task for every metal door owner. Once your door starts to rust you want to make sure you catch it quickly to protect the door from further damage. Here are a few tips for removing rust: Use a wire brush to scrape the rust off the door carefully. You can also use sandpaper or a grinder to remove rust.
4. Clean Glass - Clean the glass on your door at your own leisure. Clear glass styles in comparison to textured glass styles require a more frequent cleaning routine, especially if you have little ones running around the home! Use your choice of glass cleaner to wipe any fingerprints or residue off the glass portion of your door.
5. Oil Hinges - Keeping your door looking great is important, but keeping your door operating correctly is also very important. Regularly oil the hinges on your door to avoid any unpleasant creaking or squeaking noises. You can use any type of door oil or WD-40 with a clean cloth to oil your hinges and ensure your door continues to open and close smoothly!
Metal interior and exterior doors are very easy to maintain with just a few simple steps. If you are not satisfied for any reason with your custom product, you can return the product to us for 100% credit of the cost of the product. Click here to learn more about the warranty on your door!
Popular Metal Door Styles
|Lander Front Door
|Modern Cottage Front Door
|Atrium Front Door